Monday, July 20, 2009

Spinal And Bulbar Muscular Atrophy

First day of the second week .... (Guard)

begin by saying that if a good morning starts in the morning this week will open in a very positive way ...
The funny thing is that there was nothing special (apart from the fact that tonight I managed to turn them over without feeling to be on a bed of nails ).... is simply started well ....
usual round ... nest, planta, see, and watch ...
... But there is something different ... I realize that this morning I do not have the usual dread answering the phone with the fear of not understanding something or make me miss something important ... I certainly can not say that my understanding is perfect but is growing day by day and realize it is also my most frequent contacts ... that my colleagues in the urgence today did not have to repeat more than twice their diagnostic questions .... are very happy ....
the dialogue with nurses is more fluent and even today one of them I have also asked for an explanation a disease that could not frame .... I think my explanation was satisfactory even in exposure technique in English because for the first time I have not noticed those looks (always bestowed with the utmost courtesy and understanding) between perplexed and compassionate to those who expected a partner with more structured frastica ....
... well ... I hope it continues so long ....
The day goes on so smoothly and without jerks ... I'm seeing lots of cases of respiratory diseases in children and some of those really serious ...
I say it's the first summer where there are so many cases of pulmonary disease in spite of the very climate favorable and here you live the nightmare of "Gripe A" given the huge influx of people from anywhere for a while ...
... between resignation, new inputs and babies today I passed under the hands of nearly 20 Ciccino .... eventually look at the clock and have made the six ... I'm going to hand over the list of inmates to the colleague who seems happy with the work done .... I'm happy too because France is also a very competent and I think I can learn a lot from him ... I have never taken a critical ... is always available to the comparison and I think he likes the way I work ... I hope not because it is just back from holiday .... but do not think so ...
Done .... the day "inside" the hospital seems over ... the hope is what I did by mounting medical call and say "let's hope they're all good "....
Arrival at the hotel that are half past six ... as usual I'm tired but my mind is very light .. I have the time to get in the room (which by the way ... here is the 517 does not exist in Italy pointed out in the hotels where the rooms are missing 17 and sometimes 13), put my stuff on the couch and on time the phone rings. .. course is Hospiten Sur ....
"Doctor Nicholas Hospiten Sur es para ... desculpe harassment but I want to phone a pharmaceutical para a prescripcion ...." "Vale ... no hay problem ..." Basically
begins at this point, my first "quarrel" with a pharmacist on the English ...
In Italy it was not uncommon to argue with those who Beppe Grillo in a memorable show on TV called "pushers catheters ... I've had different tones and almost always unpleasant except in very rare cases ...
In fact, this was not just start a fight but he was assuming the features ... what he had immediately given the attitude of annoyance was almost enough of my interlocutor who is aware of the other end of the phone finding a "non-Iberian, began to scold the English Pharmacopoeia .... In essence
reproached me that my prescription did not exist in a given preparation of a drug while there is another another brand ...
... damn .... In that moment I thought I combined the first drug shit of my career but also English ...... then I remembered that this was not the first time prescribed the drug in the preparation and until now nobody had come back to complain .... I do not think he died because in the meantime .....
I do this thing to my interlocutor, saying that even in my judgments, I always refer to the handbook that I always keep at hand when you view the full diversity of pharmaceutical preparations between here and Italy ....
... Please check my answers but that is absolutely sure of what he says and do not even dream of giving me satisfaction .... ok I say .... Get it back to the hospital my mother that I correct the prescription .... impossible, to answer me .... must start tonight .... proposes as an alternative drug equal ... at the same dose ... Rate double ...
... at that time not having the tools at hand I see no alternative and confirm your choice .... "Hasta Lueg", "hasta Lueg ... and close ....
... now the worm is gnawing on my brain .... how can I make a mistake like this?? I can not give me peace ....
I get off the internet point down the hotel (1 euro per 10 minutes connection) and do a google search .....
PORCACCIA BUT MISERY!! I WAS NOT WRONG!! The drug is well the dosage form is ..... I feel more peaceful .... much more peaceful .... but I am pissed off black .... Tomorrow, as all incoming calls and outgoing calls are tracked by the hospital, I will try to trace the pharmacy and see a bit .... Evidently
smuggling of catheters also arrived here ....

0 comments:

Post a Comment