Monday, September 14, 2009

How To Finish 16 Puzzle

But because I talk too much? A family

Monday, September 14, 2009
I started the last post saying that the past week had ended without any major shocks, and after all that had been peaceful enough fondamentelmante ....
I must not forget that there is a law of retaliation and that it is inconceivable to ignore the law for too long ....
My Monday starts early, and as usual with "gana" ... 8 already in the hospital and began my usual round ... I turn the PC on the visit to inspect the hospital and discovered that, compared to Friday night, when I left the hospital one weekend must have been hell for my fellow half-call ... There are eight new entries and the nest is full ... also I find that for a reason which still escapes me I have set the first appointment for consultation at 10 ....
Well ... will run from today .... but still do not know what awaits me ... Step by
first paritorio ... today there is a rather strange atmosphere ... the hall "Expansion in" is as full as an egg and strangely over the "marriage" (ie the male matron midwife) is one of the gynecologists and two nurse ... inform me that when everything is quiet but the day is expected to complete .... call me soon there will be news ...
I go to the nest and begin to visit the babies have not yet checked ... are four in all ...
half an hour has passed when we get the phone call you do not expect ... is a gynecologist ... informs me that in Urgench and a lady just arrived at the 34th week of twin pregnancy with 6 inches of expansion and water routes ... You should know that the hospital does not exist a real neonatal intensive care unit (NICU a) even if the equipment for two or three treatments are intensive (because this would result in the presence of staff that there is h24) why policy of the clinic is to avoid leaving such cases that are sent to the hospital of Candelaria .... but in this case there is no time and then we have to prepare ... The doctor informs me that took about 20 minutes before she enters the operating room ...
begin to prepare the equipment, incubators, respirators, although little used, are always kept in a state of perfect efficiency .... In fact, after just five minutes the room is ready to welcome the babies .... Carmen meanwhile arrived and informed her of the fact ... we decide to go immediately to the department to inspect the hospital and wait there for the call. We split the rooms to be checked after 20 minutes exactly and all the children have already been checked ... the speed with which you can make this work I always have to thank my colleagues of the Servicio de urgencias they do get to the department in child well treated ....
20 minutes to watch and rings "busca" ... course is the paritorio ... "Doctor, the señora ... Acaba de salir de paritorio ... like saying "come down to race because the lady is already in the operating room" ... We
.... Call related information Carmen and I head immediately to the operating room as best slipping the green uniform and everything else .... I have time to look out in the operating room and I see a kind of rat in the hands of the marriage ... I will be delivered immediately and brought to the cradle of paritorio ... meanwhile the second rat was assigned to Carmen ...
In these few seconds I also had time to breathe a sigh of relief because the two sorcetti move and have also started to cry .... The flashback was immediate .... I was screened at the October 25 in 2001 when they were born of my sorcetti and the feeling was exactly the same ..... I find myself coming back to me to draw and control a very lively little girl after all not so small as expected because a few grams and weighs 2 kg and above all without apparent respiratory problems .... the other mouse is a boy of 1 kilo and 900 grams .... he in good condition .... called Sara and Carlos and I'm really cute .... in twenty minutes are already in the incubator and monitored at all points ....
10:10 am and I already seem past quettro hours but it is not so .... I sling to see where they are already waiting for me two or three pazientini .... After the consultation
after about 45 minutes and already I savor a good cup of coffee and 5 minutes of relaxation ..... Unfortunately I forgot the famous law of retaliation .... as soon as I set foot in the cafeteria rings "busca" ... "Doctor, Rose ... soy niño que hay a Acaba de salir ....". Forget it ... coffee will have to wait ... like 5 minutes of relaxation .... In paritorio already waiting for me that the baby is fine .... control of rite ... okay .... cutting the cord, vitamin K, an antibiotic for the eyes, foot footprint, weight, length ... done ... I give the baby to her mother .... I .... I say ...... someone touches my arm .... "Doctor ... Acaba de salir a otro niño ... damn ... Today there is simply no respite .... delivery room in the other another Ciccino faces in this world .... things here are a bit more for the long ... the Ciccino obviously knows what's coming and do not really want to learn to come out ... delivery continues for another twenty minutes during which the other is prepared by the delivery room this time for a young English lady at first birth ....
Meanwhile Ciccino seems to have resigned and it turns out ... although I reluctantly ... okay anyway .... The English lady
meanwhile is accommodated in the delivery room with her husband ... is approximately a 1:30 p.m. ... delivery promises to be long but not particularly difficult ... the lady is very good and follows the instructions of marriage ... indeed, the translation by the husband's instruction marriage .... are really a nice couple ... those that inspire sympathy now ... are the left side of the chair aside and begin to see the little head of a small beginning to come out ... two minutes after the marriage me a look indicating the neck of the little ... two turns of cord tight enough ... the matrix has a great experience and is able to "loose" spins with a certain nonchalance .... the baby is out ... but does not react .... I was immediately handed over on the couch in children ....
Rosa, nurse paritorio, he began immediately to my left between the mother and baby so they will not see that happening even if at that moment the lady was, rightly, focused on his efforts ....
"Rosa y estimulación ... ambu "..... I whisper as I begin to suck in your mouth and nose of the small ... Rose begins to vigorously rub your chest and the back of small maneuvers with perfect sign of a great experience .... 30-40 second ... listening to the little heart ... the beat is the small but none of it to breathe, Rose begins to beat up on little legs while I continue to suck oxygen .... and finally after a hit of the little cough begins to cry ..... good enough look at the clock on the wall .... 90 seconds have passed since the marriage has marked the time of birth .... that seemed an eternity to go on forever .. .. I find myself with trembling hands and thought with
days ago ...... I realize that Luckily Mom and Dad have not felt the atmosphere of those 90 seconds .... look at us with a smile .... commit blond bundle in the arms of her mother and I leave the paritorio .....
I decided that my day ends here .... I feel pretty .... for the law of retaliation ....

Tuesday 15 and Wednesday 16 September 2009
These two days were devoted mainly to the nest and control of the twins hospitalized ... Sara and Carlos are doing well .... maybe a little lazy in eating, but we can not complain.
The schools here are open for almost 10 days and strangely are increasing admissions of children in hospital ... the weather is still good but all in all we are seeing a amount of respiratory disease impressive for a small community like this .... mounts of course also the fear of "Gripe A ".... is a continuous .... and winter is still far away ... we'll see ...
Today, Wednesday, I had fantastic news .... I will join with colleagues in an intensive dell'urgencia abdominal ultrasound to be held next Saturday in the hospital ... apart from the absolute value, professionally speaking, the thing that excites me is the fact that is accepted in one group, dell'urgencia, which is by far the most cohesive group of entire hospital and the time they spend more time ....
I'm really excited and I look forward to ..... I will tell you the details .....
... now I'm going ... I realize that it's late and I suddenly remember that I still have to put the curtains I washed this morning, the window of my bedroom .....
... about ... tonight for the first time here in Tenerife since I came here it rained .... a powerful shower from 4 to 6:30 that broke the pool at Playa Honda ... here tell me that it was not as strong .... well ... I know what to expect at least ....
Goodnight ....

0 comments:

Post a Comment