Sunday, September 13, 2009

Catch Phrase For 50th Birthday Invites

ie family .....

September 14, 2009 - Sunday

Sunday after a week of rest after all peaceful in terms of working without any major shocks, but still intense in the pace and amount of things to do. I realize that is increasing (very slowly for two months after the truth but I can not expect more) and consultas of the load is increasing especially with babies who flock to my office ... it could be very positive for the future because it is something like what happens with the pediatricians we settled down ... If you choose a pediatrician is difficult to be changed for some years, if it establishes a good relationship of trust .... now this is happening .... the nice thing is that, although several Canarian pazientini "doc" most of the babies that I am following are mainly Indian and Pakistani immigrants ... I confess to the top that what had seemed a bit strange ... until the father of little Sophia told me that he would continue to follow up on the small to me because when I speak in my slow English, can understand everything perfectly ...
unveiled the secret .... finally .... it is solidarity among immigrants .... In fact, I'm also beginning to follow other children born to Italian transplanted here for years and something to say especially to continue feeding it .... we will see the future ....

About Power ... apart from the rediscovery of the pleasure of cooking and sharing with colleagues of my labors "Reposteria" I'm starting to discover that here, apart from the usual exceptions, we eat really well and there is a food culture "indigenous" is not indifferent, although it seems very suppressed by multi-ethnic ....
in the week just passed I found that every year in Los Cristianos are organizing the "Ruta gastronomic marinera", where a dozen restaurants, bars and cafes of all kinds and ethnicities to offer ridiculously low price of three € a tapa of madrileña document together with a drink, a snack that is warm or cold with a beer or a glass of wine. I do not know if
las tapas that were served at this "gourmet Ruta" were made on purpose for the occasion (and for that I must make sure when it will be a moral over the event) but I must say I was pleasantly surprised .... not quantity, which also was not negligible, but for the presentation, all worthy of "haute cuisine".
So I discovered what "tapear", ie go for tapas tradition of daily life, especially madrileña which is to move from room to room to enjoy a tapa for each room .... around in this case consisted of two or three restaurants including an Italian, where I consumed a kind of modified caprese with tomatoes and mozzarella gratin croquette filled with delicious and equally good seafood consumed in a room called the "de Taverna el puerto "absolutely typical local time and presentation much more spartan, but with a taste truly amazing .... but the real epiphany was another ....
.... Since I'm here I tried a couple of times to eat an ice cream that here pass for "artejano" that is close to our ice cream and every time has been a profound disappointment ... to make a comparison, the worst and cheapest ice cream in tubs that you can buy a hard discount is certainly better than anything I have eaten here so far ....
At the end of the "Ruta cuisine" is obligatory "postre" that is the sweet and the proposal of his colleagues was that of "a tomar helado ".... understand how my mood has changed quite a bit at the thought to ruin the pleasures I had enjoyed until then with something that's close to our standard ice cream has absolutely nothing .... well .... excuse ready ... no thanks I'm full .... or more honestly "no me gusta el helado aquí "....
"No tienes que este helado prueba ... Jesus begins ..... well ... one with a name so I do not think you can say no ....
We almost a mile walk to get to the last place visited in a dark corner of the old part of Los Cristianos in a small shop, an ice cream shop called "The Greedy" ... I learned to be wary of signs with Italian names: in fact in most cases are no shops or restaurants that maybe up to a few long ago were run by Italians, but with different waves of crises and upheavals are passed from hand to hand and now find outlets operated by fellow is really hard ... much easier than you found it a gentleman or a Hindu or a clearly Middle Eastern in "Little Napoli" or "Grazie Roma ".... Entering
however, not known immediately something familiar .... Meanwhile, the ice creams are not placed in plastic trays (marker of ice cream purchased in some supermarkets), but in boxes of metal, and secondly the names are strictly in Italian with subtitles in English and English (Tiramisu, Kiss, Gianduja, Smurf! !, Black Cherry, Hazel and so ....)... Although this is not
are still convinced .... the lady who is over the counter speaks a English Canary perfect .... fast enough to not make themselves understood and also his staff ....
decide to go and I choose the classic chocolate kiss into a cone that has a good look ....
rigorous approach to the cone is the lick ..... and the first and second illumination was even better .....
Incredible ... ice cream is delicious ... the highest standards of our beloved ice cream .... Catania
I asked the lady if they are ice-cream and the chance yes "mis ... complimentos Italian soy y este helado es parecido a los de mi ciudad ".... The lady stops me immediately with a mandatory ... "We're Italian ..... But ... Sicilian
".... I am not exaggerating by saying that the Wends were the tear in the eyes ... that ice cream made me feel at home .... I was discharged from the lady telling her that we see often ... even if it is a little out of hand but the rest of the walk can serve well to dispose of the ice cream
..... Now what should I look for is the other thing that I miss ...... .....
The GRANITAAAAAAAAA

0 comments:

Post a Comment